General WIFI Information
If your PDA or laptop is built with wireless capabilities or is equipped with a wireless card then you can log on to Javits Center WiFi. Coverage presently exists in the Level 3 Halls, Crystal Palace (including the Level 3 food court), North and South Concourses (Level 2) , Level 1, including the food court area. You can check your e-mail, visit other websites and obtain help in navigating around the Center for a small fee (hourly, daily and 3 day plans are available, credit cards only).
The service can accommodate one computer per connection and can only be subscribed to on site from the computer that will be accessing the Internet. Pricing is as follows (prices are subject to change):
256K bandwidth: $4.95 per hour
$29.95 per show day
$69.95 for (3) days
It is up to the customer to be familiar with using wireless services as we do not offer technical support for connectivity issues.
Basic Connection Steps:
1. Turn on your wireless ready computer (from your booth or anywhere within the Javits Center) and select the “Javits” wireless access point.
2. Open up your internet browser and the sign up page will appear.
3. If you have previously purchased access use the login area on the left hand side of the screen to login using your email address and the password you specified at purchase.
4. If you have not previously purchased access, click on the Get High Speed Internet Access button and provide the required billing and credit card information and you will be given access once you sign up successfully.
5. A receipt for your purchase will be emailed to the address specified at sign up.
Please be aware that VPN is not supported on our wireless network. We do not sell wireless cards or any other wireless accessories here on site.
The Javits wireless system is used primarily by our attendees and exhibitors to check email and browse the Internet. If you are planning to utilize the wireless network for an important core function within your booth we recommend that you call us prior to the event to discuss why our wired high-speed Internet options might be a better fit for your company.