The seminar will focus on wines from the Mosel, Rheingau and Rheinhessen, presented by local wine enthusiast and most knowledgeable Riesling lover, Ken Mason. The wines to be tasted will range from Grosses Gewaechs (Great Growth) to Beerenauslese (remarkable late harvest sweet wine).
Amongst the wines to be tasted is a completely unique, recently released dry Grosses Gewaechs, wine from the noted Dr. Loosen estate in the Mosel. This wine was aged in wood, in the way Riesling wines were vinified in the late 19th and early 20th Century.
Ken will include wines from each of the following superstars of German wine: J.J. Prüm, Sybille Kuntz, Maximin Grunhaus, Fritz Haag, and Wittmann family estate.
German Rieslings are not only amongst the planet's finest wines, but they should also be appreciated as some of the most food friendly white wines. Don't miss this opportunity to learn more about these magnificent estate wines with one of the area's most passionate, informed guides.
Wines to be tasted:
1. Robert Weil Kiedrich Graefenberg GG 2013, Rheingau
2. Dr Loosen Uerziger Wuerzgarten GG Reserve 2012, Mosel
3. JJ Pruem Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett 2012, Mosel
4. Maximin Gruenhaus Herrenberg Kabinett 2015, Ruwer
5. Maximin Gruenhaus Abstberg Spaetlese 2014, Ruwer
6. Dr Loosen Uerziger Wuerzgarten Spaetlese "Fischerei" 2014, Mosel
7. Fritz Haag Brauneberger Juffer Auslese 2013, Mosel
8. JJ Pruem Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese 2015, Mosel
9. Sybille Kuntz Lieser Niederberg-Helden Beerenauslese 2011, Mosel