Seminar Notes: Napa Valley Rocks
- Identify the Various AVAs of Napa Valley on the map provided by the Napa Valley Rocks presentation.
- Relate Napa Valley history from its earliest grape plantings in 1830 through present day using the timeline provided by the Napa Valley Rocks presentation.
- Explain Napa Valley’s unique soil patterns and climate through samples of soil and rocks as well as illustrations.
- Describe and sample the main red grape varieties and a red blend through a wine tasting exer-cise.
- Compare Cabernet Sauvignon grape from 4 distinct areas
in the same vintagethrough a wine tasting exercise.
- Learn about the innovative spirit in the vineyards and wineries of Napa Valley by discussing farming and continual updates of winemaking.
- Discuss a long history dedicated to sustainability by describing Napa Valley’s unique sustain-ability program.
- Describe what comprises he Napa Valley Vintners’ Trade Organization and their contribution to the Napa Valley.